TIGERS GOLF TEAM PLACES THIRD AT BC CHAMPIONSHIPS
Tigers first-ever Golf Team placed third at the BC Championships at Pheasant Glen Golf Resort in Qualicum. The Tigers golfed great over the two days in blistering hot weather scoring a combined 308, round 1, and a 321, day two.
Lucy placed second over low girls score and Olivia placed third. Our Tigers were only outdone by a Grade 12 student from Southridge who is heading to Harvard next year on a golf scholarship.
In the skills contest on Tuesday, the Tigers cleaned up!
- Closest to the pin from 150 yards winner was Olivia Z. Olivia won the KP contest in all three tournaments we played this year.
- Long Drive winner was Lucy L. who also won the long drive contest in all three tournaments we played this year.
- Sand chip shot winner was Martina.
Everyone is back next year, so Chelsie, Olivia, Martina, and Lucy can go after BC School Sports Championship. Congratulations to this young team!
Tigers Golf Team Places Third at BC Championships
TRACK & FIELD:
With a final push across the finish line, the YHS Junior School 2023 Track & Field season wrapped up on May 26-28 at the BC Elementary Track & Field Championships, which were held at Minoru Park in Richmond. To no one’s surprise, the Tigers were amazing! There were literally dozens and dozens of personal best achievements, making our coaching staff incredibly proud. Of course, there were also some outstanding results, so many in fact, that we cannot possibly list them all. However, over the past number of meets, several grade level and school records were set:
New School Records:
- Grade 7 800m: Charlotte L. (2:29.34)
- Grade 7 2000m: Charlotte L. (6:59.52)
New Grade Level Records:
- Grade 5 60m: Lillie D. (9.11)
- Grade 5 Discus: Jinghan C. (16.03m)
- Grade 3 60m: Everly H. (10.09)
- Grade 3 High Jump: Talia L. (1.15m)
A massive THANK YOU to all of our coaches for their commitment to our young Tigers. It takes a village to support a team of 105 athletes. Thank you to Mme Celine, Mr. Lee, Ms. Marcotte, Ms. Murray, Ms. Kanavos, Ms. Meneghetti, Ms. Scrivens, and Ms. Trinder.
Finally, and most importantly, we would like to thank Ms. Ling and Ms. Pearkes for their time this past season, and for the many, many years of commitment and dedication. We are eternally grateful for your leadership and you will be greatly missed next year.