A huge congratulations goes out to all Drama 10, 11 and 12 students who performed at the Thespys Festival. It was clear that they were among some of the best performers at the festival, taking home seven Superior Ribbons and three Excellent Ribbons in all categories of Acting, including Monologues, Duets and Group Scenes, and Musical Theatre solo pieces.
Special mention goes out to the following students who received Superior and Excellent Ribbons:
- Monologues: Lucy (Gr. 11), Storm (Gr. 12), and Yirui (Gr. 12) [Superior]
- Duet Acting: Emilie (Gr. 12), and Sophie (Gr. 10) [Excellent]
- Group Acting: Parker (Gr. 10), Lucy (Gr. 11), Maddie (Gr. 11), and Storm (Gr. 11 [Superior]
- Group Acting: Amanda Donaldson-McFarlane (Gr. 12) and Saint Georges Students [Superior]
- Group Acting: Sarah (Gr. 12), Yirui (Gr. 12), and Kennedy (Gr. 12) [Excellent]
- Group Acting: Kate (Gr. 10), Lucy (Gr. 10) and Sophia (Gr. 10) [Excellent]
- Musical Theatre Solos: Parker (Gr. 10); Amanda (Gr. 12), and Emilie (Gr. 12 [Superior]
- Kai (Gr. 10), Natalie (Gr. 10) and Nicole (Gr. 10) are also to be congratulated on what was an awesome performance – well done, everyone!
ALL students performed at an extremely high level and Mr. Chyzyk and I couldn’t be prouder of them.
Students performed a variety of pieces during our Fall Choir Concert. The Concert Choir performed “Sleepy Song” by Sherryl Sewepagaham, “Come Follow Me” by John Hilton, ‘Oh, How Lovely” by Anonymous, and “I’m Goin’ Up a Yonder” by Walter Hawkins. The Chamber Choir performed “Just Give Me a Reason” by Alecia Moore (Pink) and featured a solo by Emilie (Grade 12). The evening concluded with a fantastic performance by the Concert Choir singing “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Queen.
During the Fall Band Concert, Grade 7-12 Band students performed a selection of pieces that have helped band members grow as musicians and become more self-confident performers on stage. The Grade 8 band started the evening with a performance of ‘Ten Masters in Two Minutes’ and ‘City of Stars’ from La La Land, which was followed by a festive show by the Grade 7 Band. The Grade 9 Band played both ‘Final Countdown’ and ‘The Phantom of the Opera Medley’ while the Senior Band conducted a riveting performance of the ‘Pirates of the Caribbean Medley’ and “Midway March’. The evening concluded with a performance of ‘Superstition’ by Stevie Wonder, performed by our Jazz Band.
A big thank you to our Choir Director, Benila Ninan, and Band Director, Jacqueline Mirtic, for putting together two wonderful evenings of music as well as Music Teachers Ellie Jung and Jenna Baumgartner who led our Grade 7 Band.