A huge congratulations goes out to all Drama 10, 11 and 12 students who performed at the Thespys Festival. It was clear that they were among some of the best performers at the festival, taking home seven Superior Ribbons and three Excellent Ribbons in all categories of Acting, including Monologues, Duets and Group Scenes, and Musical Theatre solo pieces.
Special mention goes out to the following students who received Superior and Excellent Ribbons:
- Monologues: Lucy (Gr. 11), Storm (Gr. 12), and Yirui (Gr. 12) [Superior]
- Duet Acting: Emilie (Gr. 12), and Sophie (Gr. 10) [Excellent]
- Group Acting: Parker (Gr. 10), Lucy (Gr. 11), Maddie (Gr. 11), and Storm (Gr. 11 [Superior]
- Group Acting: Amanda Donaldson-McFarlane (Gr. 12) and Saint Georges Students [Superior]
- Group Acting: Sarah (Gr. 12), Yirui (Gr. 12), and Kennedy (Gr. 12) [Excellent]
- Group Acting: Kate (Gr. 10), Lucy (Gr. 10) and Sophia (Gr. 10) [Excellent]
- Musical Theatre Solos: Parker (Gr. 10); Amanda (Gr. 12), and Emilie (Gr. 12 [Superior]
- Kai (Gr. 10), Natalie (Gr. 10) and Nicole (Gr. 10) are also to be congratulated on what was an awesome performance – well done, everyone!
ALL students performed at an extremely high level and Mr. Chyzyk and I couldn’t be prouder of them.
SK, Grade 1 and Grade 2 Beach Days (May and June):
This spring, the primary classes traveled to Acadia Beach for a day of exploration at the beach! Students learned about the tide patterns and marine life present in Vancouver, making many exciting new discoveries. The day was spent hunting for crabs, seashells, and the much-coveted sea glass! Other exciting wildlife that was spotted included eagles, herons, fish, and tadpoles. The Grade 1s also had the exciting opportunity to have the Grade 10 Outdoor Education class join them on their excursion, leading them in fun icebreaker activities and collaborative games.
Grade 3 Trip to Lighthouse Park (May 24):
This spring the Grade 3 students traveled together to Lighthouse Park for a full day of discovery and exploration. Working with the staff from Sea to Sky Outdoor School, the grade 3s participated in a hike, numerous forest games, beach exploration, and learned about the ecology and geography of the land. This was an exciting day for all, filled with lots of new learning experiences and beautiful moments in the outdoors.
Grade 11 Day Hike in Squamish (May 30):
At the end of May, the Grade 11 cohort was able to embark on their long-overdue hiking trip together. Having to cancel the original date back in October due to an atmospheric river, students were excited to finally get outside together and explore, taking a break from school before the exam season began. A wonderful opportunity to release stress and enjoy some fresh air, students hiked trails on the Stawamus Chief and Mount Crumpit.