The basketball season has begun! Grade 7 students began our season on Monday, with the first of three selection practices. The group is very energetic and keen on basketball, and the coaches are looking forward to our first game on December 14.
Grades 5 and 6 Basketball starts next week. Both teams practice before school at 7:20 am.
The online sign-up form is now closed, and any students who wish to sign up must now complete a hard copy form which can be obtained at the Junior School office. Here are the key dates for the start of the season:
- Grade 5 Basketball: first practice November 22 (Monday)
- Grade 6 Basketball: first practice, November 23 (Tuesday)
- Grade 7 Basketball: selections, November 15, 16, and 19
The BC High School Provincial Championships are taking place this weekend. The Tigers are always a contender, and we look forward to hearing the results. The BCHS Provincial Championships is significant for the JS because this means our swim season is about to start. The online sign-up form is now closed, and any students who wish to sign up must now complete a hard copy form which can be obtained at the Junior School office.
The first practice is on Monday, November 22 at St. George’s School pool.
Pool Access Procedures – Morning:
- Drop off and pick up is on 29th Ave
- Parents / cars are not permitted past the school gates (failure to comply will result in loss of pool use)
- We will meet at the layby between the two gates at 6:20 am and walk into the school as a group at 6:25 am. Please ensure you are dropping off your child on time as St. George’s has stated that no swimmers will be allowed to walk in on their own.
- St. George’s will be locking the doors once we have entered the pool facility. Unfortunately, this means that if you are late, your child will not be able to swim. It is therefore imperative that swimmers arrive on time, so we can enter together, and remain in good standing with St. George’s.
- Following the end of practice, we will split up into two groups: the first group will put their clothes on over their swimsuit and leave with one coach. The second group will use the changeroom and will leave together after the last swimmer is changed.
- A coach will remain at the front gate until everyone is picked up.
- Masks must be worn at all times while inside the building (excluding time in the water). Masks should also be on when changing. It would be a good idea to ensure your child has extra masks in their swim bag as their mask is most likely going to get wet.
- Because we may be waiting outside for a little while, we advise your child to be dressed in warm clothing/a coat.